My son is starting middle school soon so we decided to give him an old iPhone, but I use an Android myself and really need to keep an eye on his whereabouts. I was looking into the default location sharing settings, but it looks like you need the exact same operating system to actually see the map and get arrival alerts. Can someone tell me if there is a seamless way to view his live location from my screen, or will I be stuck logging into a web browser every single time I want to check?
Hey! Good news—most monitoring apps work cross-platform, so you can totally track an iPhone from your Android. Apps like uMobix, Life360, or Google Maps location sharing all have their own dashboards/apps that work on both sides.
You’ll need to install something on his iPhone (requires his Apple ID credentials), then you just check your Android app or web dashboard—no browser hassle every time. Life360 is probably the easiest free option if you just need location and geofencing alerts.