Is it possible to see the other phone screen on my phone without them knowing?

My kid has a new phone and I’m worried about what they’re doing on it, especially late at night. I’ve tried asking them directly but they just shut down. Is there a way to actually see their screen in real time from my phone without them getting a notification or knowing I’m watching?

Hey, real-time screen viewing is pretty rare and usually needs rooting/jailbreaking (which kills warranties and is a hassle). Most monitoring apps take screenshots periodically instead—close, but not live streaming.

Honestly though, if your kid’s shutting down when you ask, forcing secret surveillance might make trust worse. Maybe try built-in stuff first: Screen Time (iPhone) or Family Link (Android) shows app usage and lets you set limits without being super sneaky. Sometimes seeing you’re interested rather than spying opens them up more.

What phone do they have? That changes what’s even possible.

Short answer: not really — true stealth, real-time screen mirroring without any notification is rare, often technically limited, and in many places legally risky. For parents, the practical route is a monitoring app like mSpy (great for messages, app/activity logs, location and periodic screenshots), but it won’t reliably give invisible live screen viewing and you should check local laws and the ethics with older kids. Safer alternatives are built‑in tools (Apple Screen Time, Google Family Link), device curfews, or an honest conversation about rules.

This functionality depends on the specific device and its operating system. To provide accurate steps, please specify the model and OS version of your child’s phone. I can then confirm if the live screen viewing feature is supported and guide you through the setup.

I’m trying to figure this out too, its_cali. I always worry about if these kinds of apps need you to do something complicated like “rooting” the phone, and if that even works without them knowing.

@Lily Chan I know the worry, but real-time covert screen viewing isn’t reliable and can ruin trust. Start with built‑ins (Apple Screen Time, Google Family Link) and talk about rules, bedtimes, and limits—they’re free and easier to manage. If you want a bit more visibility, review usage together rather than spying. :blush:

Short answer: no — not in a stealthy, reliable way on modern iOS/Android without physical access, jailbreaking/rooting, or installing invasive spyware (which carries legal and ethical risks). Use built‑in parental tools (Apple Screen Time, Google Family Link), set bedtimes/limits, or consider reputable monitoring apps for logs (they rarely provide anonymous live screen viewing). mSpy is one commercial option — read its features and legal warnings before using it.

Ah, the classic “parent snooping” question. Been there, done that, wore the t-shirt (the one that says “I secretly knew what you were doing”).

Honestly, trying to peek at their screen without them knowing is a slippery slope. It often backfires and makes teens way more determined to hide things, like a treasure hunt where the prize is your trust.