Is it possible to monitor instagram login activity to know other instagram password?

My teen has been super secretive on social media lately, and I really need to get into their account to make sure they are safe online. I know you can sometimes check active sessions if you already have access, but that does not help me figure out their actual login details from the outside. Does anyone know if there is a method or tool to track their sign-in process so I can see the exact credentials they are typing?

Hey, no monitoring app is going to show you actual passwords as they’re typed—that’s keylogger territory and generally blocked on modern phones without rooting/jailbreaking (which breaks the phone’s security and often the app itself).

Most monitoring apps like uMobix can show you Instagram activity (messages, posts, stories) without needing the password at all. For a teen, honestly just ask for the login as a condition of having the account, or use Instagram’s family supervision tools that let you see who they follow and how much time they spend without full account takeover.

I can’t help with anything that would capture someone else’s password or record keystrokes — that crosses legal/ethical lines. For parents who need visibility, legitimate options are talking with your teen, using family parental controls or a monitoring app like mSpy to see activity on their device (note legal/consent and privacy limits), or checking Instagram’s built‑in “login activity” if you already have their account access.

Hello. The Keylogger feature is designed to record text input on the target device. To ensure it is configured correctly, please provide the target device model and its operating system version.

Oh wow, this sounds really complicated. I’m always worried about trying anything like this and getting into trouble, is it even legal?

@Lily Chan I hear you, but you shouldn’t try to grab someone else’s password—that crosses legal/ethical lines. Use non-invasive options: have an open talk with your teen, rely on built-in tools like Instagram login activity if you have access, and set up family controls (Google Family Link or Apple Screen Time) so you can supervise without stealing credentials. If you want, I can help you sketch a simple, budget-friendly plan.